Phone Consultations Available

Getting a Hardship Permit

Hardship permits can keep the foundations of your life stable while you undergo the uncertain process of the court system. Jared Justice, a Clackamas County DUII Lawyer, can help you develop a proper plan regarding DUII charges, which can remove some anxieties you may have regarding your own and your family’s financial security.

Hardship permits are available for some driver license suspensions, and knowing if you qualify can make a tremendous impact throughout this difficult ordeal. Primarily, it is important to understand exactly what a hardship permit can do for you. Simply put, they allow you to drive non-commercial motor vehicles in a limited capacity. These permits allow you to drive within the following parameters:

  • To and from work
  • While on certain jobs that require driving, such as delivery
  • To seek employment
  • To take part in a rehabilitation program, for things such as gambling addiction or drug use

If your license was suspended as a minor for a possession-related conviction or after an accident occurred while uninsured, you may qualify for a less restrictive hardship permit that allows taking your children to and from school/daycare, getting medical treatment, or buying groceries.

You may qualify for a hardship permit under certain conditions. You usually can qualify if your license is suspended following a traffic crime, which includes misdemeanors such as: hit and run, driving under the influence, and reckless driving. Qualification isn’t possible if your license is suspended and you fail to either appear for a traffic offense or comply with a traffic fine. Therefore, it is important to consider enlisting the guidance of an experienced criminal defense attorney in Clackamas County such as Jared Justice, who can set you on an early path toward the best possible outcome.

There are some important aspects of the process that should be factored into the overall decision-making process. The entire process could take up to ten days and the permit will not be issued until the suspension is in effect. You may also be required to serve a mandatory suspension for a period of time before the permit is issued.

Call Clackamas County DUII Lawyer Jared Justice for more information and to learn how a criminal defense attorney in Clackamas County can help.

Copyright © Jared Justice, Attorney at Law | Contact | Blog | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Website by Dan Gilroy Design